Saturday, July 19, 2008

My iPhone 3G Experience

So yesterday I decided to get an iphone 3G... simple as that. I expected a week  after the new iphone had come out I would be able to waltz right in to my local Apple store and snatch up one like no one was around... because that is exactly what I expected, NO ONE else to be around. But I was I wrong. Not only are all of the AT&T store fresh out, the Apple store had an hour wait line.
I waited in line a half an hour when an Apple store sales associate walked towards the line to mention that they only had White 16GB iphone in stock for the day. My heart dropped. You see, I wanted an 8GB one, which is also black. What a nice start to my "Quest for the iPhone." 
My hometown Apple store is in a mall, full of other people bustling through to get the latest shirt from Hollister, paying no mind to us Apple nerds. Along with the Apple store upstair, there is an AT&T kiosk downstairs. The Apple sales associate said if I went to that very kiosk I could order an 8GB iphone and I could pick it up in 2 to 3 weeks. UGH... So I made my way down the the already flooded with customers AT&T kiosk. About ten minutes later, I was told because the kiosk didn't have an actual address I would need to go to an AT&T store, not a kiosk. So what did I do? I made my way over to an AT&T STORE. (Mind You all of this driving and going around town is thanks to my grandma.... THANKS GRANDMA!) Any way, once I found the store, which according to my Blackberry was right around to corner from my house (WRONG) someone helped me right away. The AT&T manager was a little too nice, but thats ok. So, I got to the front of the line, which took 5 minutes, and I ordered my new 8GB iPhone and much to my surprise, they said i'd be able to pick it up in 10 to fifteen days. I was pretty happy. 
So after all of my and my wonderful Grandma's running around in circles for this device, I finally ALMOST have it. :) When it decides to come, whether it be in 10, 12, or even 15 days, I write another post of my first impressions.

0 comments: